According to a recent study, many printer customers are often blocked with a notice while attempting to use their printing equipment. The error message reads, “HP Printer Error Code 41”
This error message states unequivocally that there are technical issues preventing consumers from activating their device.
This mistake may be caused by a variety of reasons. However, the most significant causes include improper printer settings setup, an outdated or damaged printer driver, and some software-related problems.
If you are in a similar position and want to get rid of it as soon as possible, you must read the next part.
Methods to Resolve Printer Not Activated Error Code 41
A few troubleshooting steps may quickly resolve a printer activation issue. So, follow the steps outlined below to quickly resolve this problem. Begin by examining the system files, then go on to the printer settings.
Fix the System Error Making Use of SFC
In most cases, printer activation problems are caused by system flaws. To fix system-related problems, you may use the System File Checker, a built-in tool in the Windows operating system.
This tool was created specifically to remove internal problems and malfunctions. To use this tool, just follow the steps outlined below:
- To open the Run window, press the Windows logo and the R key at the same time.
- To run the command, type “cmd” in the Run dialogue box and press the “OK” button.
- Choose “Command Prompt” from the result-oriented window and then right-tap on the option labelled “Run as Administrator.”
- When you execute this command, the Command Prompt will launch in Admin Mode.
- To execute the command, type “sfc/scannow” into the Command Prompt window and press the “OK” button.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the procedure successfully.
- System File Checker can examine your whole device for internal flaws and malfunctions such as damaged system files.
After identifying the issue, the SFC programme will fix any repairable system files as well as any additional corrupted files. When the procedure is finished, restart the device to make the new modifications take effect.
Make use of the DISM Scanning Tool
If the “printer not enabled problem code 41” continues after running the System File Checker, you may need to perform the DISM scan.
DISM stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management, and it is another built-in troubleshooter that may fix issues with system files.
To perform the DISM scan, use the Command Prompt with administrative rights. To execute the command, enter “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth” into the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key.
All damaged system files, as well as other difficulties, are fixed after running this programme. Reboot the device to see whether the printer activation issue has been resolved.
Set your printer as the default device
If your printing device is not configured as the default device, you may get the “HP Printer Error Code 41” in certain cases. As a result, the underlying command is simple to follow:
- Continue by tapping on the gear-shaped symbol to launch the “Settings” app.
- After you’ve accessed the Settings menu, go through the various options for “Devices.”
- Once you’ve located it, touch on it and choose “Printers and Scanners” from the right pane.
- Then, from the resulting menu, choose the “Manage” option and then the “Set as Default” option.
- Tap on the “Apply” and “OK” buttons to save the just made changes.
- If the printer activation issue still appears on the display screen after selecting the printer as the default, go to the next repair.
Start the Print Spooler Service again
Certain technical issues with the print spooler service may also cause the HP Printer Error Code 41 to appear.
However, several customers reported that after restarting the print spooler service, the issue was removed from their device.
As a result, you may give it a go as well. To restart Print Spooler Service, follow the underlying dedicated procedures.
- Start the Run window and type “services.msc” into the dialogue box.
- The Service window will appear automatically once you execute the command.
- Now, browse through the available choices and look for the “Print Spooler Service.”
- After you’ve found this service, right-click on it and choose the “Stop” option.
- Wait a few moments before pressing the “Start” button. The Print Spooler Service will be restarted as a result of this.
Make an attempt to upgrade the drivers
Another possible reason of “HP Printer Error Code 41” is a problem with the loaded printer drivers. As a result, we recommend that you update the printer driver to the most recent version throughout this process.
You may carry out this action by following the steps below:
Step 1:- Go to the taskbar’s search box and type “Device Manager” into it. Tap on the “Device Manager” option in the resulting menu to open the window.
Step 2:- Once in the Device Manager window, click the Category button to see the names of the devices and drivers that are installed on the device. Proceed to right-tap on the driver you wish to update from the list that appears.
Step 3:- In this step, choose the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option to instruct the device to look for the most recent version of the printer driver. Touch the “Update Driver” button to install the most recent version of the printer driver. Then, tap the “OK” button to finish.
Install the Printer Driver again
If the “printer not activated error code 41” continues bothers users after updating the printer driver, it is likely that the printer driver has been corrupted.
To avoid similar occurrences, you may need to reinstall the printer driver. Please follow the steps outlined below:
To run the command, enter “Control” in the Run dialogue box and press the “OK” button.
- To open the Window, choose “Control Panel” from the menu that appears.
- After you’ve accessed the Control Panel, go to the “Programs and Features” area.
- You must find the “Printer Driver” from the Context menu under this area.
- Continue by right-tapping the “Printer Driver” and selecting the “Uninstall” option.
- Wait till the uninstalling procedure is completed.
- Additionally, restart the device and go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Here, you must find and download the most recent driver for your printer by following the on-screen instructions.
- The installation procedure may take some time. As a result, do not interrupt the procedure in the middle. We hope that by reinstalling the printer driver, you will be able to eliminate the error code 41.
Questions and Answers
What is HP Printer Error Code 41?
Error code 41 is a severe device management error code that appears during printer activation. This is triggered either by the device driver connected with the hardware component that was removed after the driver was installed, or by the driver itself. The problem notice appears in the Device Status section of the device Properties.
How Do I Activate My Printer?
- To activate a printer, just follow the steps outlined below:
- To begin, connect the printer to a computer using a USB connection.
- Make certain that both the printer and the computer are turned on.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu and choose the “Devices” option.
- Additionally, choose the “Add a Scanner or Printer” option and wait for your computer to identify the printer.
- Follow the following steps to complete the job correctly.
If the HP Printer Error Code 41, you can have your printer repaired. We hope the above solution can help you fix your HP Printer Error Code 41
We help you to Fix your all Printer Error Visit now Printererrorfix.com to solve your error.