Without printers, innovation and technology would be very different. After all, we rely on them for both personal and professional purposes.We dread the days when, in the middle of printing an important project, the printer suddenly stops and displays errors. The coded errors can render anyone powerless. DIY troubleshooting methods come in handy in this situation. In this article, we want to arm you with these methods for resolving the error ‘hp printer error code 4′.
Causes HP Printer Error Code 4 Printer Machine
Let’s take a look at what’s causing this HP Printer Error Code 4 to appear. We can better cope with the error if we grasp the reasons. So, here are a few possible causes for this problem on your printer:
- Cause 1 :-> Paper jammed in your printer’s input tray.
- Cause 2 :-> Paper jammed in your printer’s output tray.
- Cause 3 :-> Your printer’s cartridge area is clogged with paper.
- Cause 4 :-> Underneath your printer, there’s a clog of paper.
Let’s look into the problem:
Here are a few alternatives that may be able to assist you in resolving the issue. Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the following order:
When the paper becomes caught in the middle of a print job, don’t panic or jump to conclusions. To address the problem, follow these steps:
- Step 1:-> To halt any print job, first hit the cancel button on your printer.
- Step 2:-> Remove the jammed paper from the input tray with care. This step must be done carefully to avoid damaging the paper.
- Step 3:-> To do so, gently pull the sheet in both directions with the same amount of pressure from both hands.
- Step 4:-> If you come across any ripped pieces of paper, carefully remove those as well.
- Step 5:-> Reload the page now.
NOTE:- Please make sure you don’t mistakenly remove the try shield when removing any sticky paper. This shield is a vital feature of your printer that protects it from external elements such as dust and other types of obstacles that might degrade the performance of your printer.
Use the following methods to remove the jammed paper from the output tray:
- To stop printing, use the cancel button on your printer. This step should, in theory, fix the problem. If it doesn’t, proceed to the next step.
- Remove the jammed paper from the output tray with care and gentleness.
- Gently pull the sheet in both directions with the same amount of pressure from both hands.
- Remove any ripped pieces of paper by hand.
- Remove any torn pieces of paper from the output tray by hand.
- Reload the output tray with fresh paper and start printing again.
Try the following methods to clear the trapped paper in your printer’s cartridge area:
- To cancel a print job, press the ‘Cancel‘ button.
- To turn off the printer, press the power button.
- To release any residual charge in the printer, press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Any USB wires that are attached to your printer should be disconnected.
- A power cord can be found on the rear of your printer. Remove the cord.
- Unplug the wall outlet’s power cord as well.
Note: To avoid electric shocks, ensure sure your printer’s power source is turned off before accessing the printer’s inner workings.
- Push the output tray extender into the printer after closing it.
- Open the access door to the ink cartridges.
- The print carriage is located on the right side of the printer. If it isn’t, gently nudge it to the right.
- Remove any scraps of paper, dust, ink blots, dried ink substances, and other foreign items from the carriage area.
- Close the access door to the ink cartridges.
- Remove the output tray and plug in the printer’s power and USB wires.
NOTE :- If you are having any another issue regarding any printer then please Visit on:-
- How To Fix HP Printer Error Code e3
- How To Fix “HP printer light is blinking” Issue
Hopefully, now you resolved HP Printer Error Code 4 . However, if you are still having problems with your HP Printer Error Code 4 , we strongly recommend that you seek assistance from the HP experts.