Out of all troubleshooting calls that we receive from our customers the most common one is HP printer Error 79.
Whatever HP model do you have service error 79 is common for all. Suffered users call us and ask if we can help them to fix error 79 service issue?
Customer is more worried about the expired warranty of the product. We, of course, help them in fixing this error by providing the best suitable solution, but the idea behind writing this article it to educate our clients a little more.
What is HP Printer Error 79?
This error message frequently pops up in case of a corrupted print job. Some miscommunication between the spooler and the printer because of the outdated firmware may also result in displaying up service error 79.
Troubleshooting for HP Printer Service Error 79
Following are the few initial steps that you could do to whenever service error 70 pops up on your screen.
Clear All printing jobs
A lot of printing jobs or long pending printing jobs may puzzle the printer or makes it difficult for him to understand and command and it may give you Service Error 79. Remove all the printing jobs in the queue.
Steps to clear printing jobs:
- Turn off your printer.
- Check all the connected systems to your network printers.
- Remove print jobs from all of these computers.
- Also, check the domain network and look into the “See What’s Printing” box to find the owner of each print job.
- Log in to each account and remove the printing commands from the domain network.
Update The firmware
- Once you have cleared all pending printing jobs, try to update your printer firmware, check out the following steps to do the same:
- Turn On your printer
- Connect the printer to the router through an ethernet cable to access the internet.
- Tap the “Network” icon on your printer’s control panel/screen.
- Check the IP address to ensure your printer is connected to the network.
- Go to the home screen and click on the “Settings” icon.
- Select Printer Update to check if any firmware updates are available.
- Download and install the firmware update.
Restart all Devices
This should be your last step of troubleshooting HP printer error 79. Restart all the connected devices in the network, i.e. your computer, and your router even.
Note: Before restarting network devices, detach the printer from all other devices in the network.
After the firmware is updated and installed, your printer starts printing most likely, and surely does not show the Service Error 79.
Whatever happens with the printer is correctly displayed on the printer screen. It is important to mention this here because it has been observed many a times that computer shows the progress and on-going jobs with printers whereas the printer is not working at all or have been stuck or not responding due to any reason.
While updating the firmware or checking the status of printing jobs, it’s good to look at the printer screen instead of the computer display.
If your problem persists and you are still getting Service Error 79 on your screen, then don’t explore & invest more time. Call us or write to us to get expert advice.