Any barrier in carriage or harm to system files can display Epson Error Code 0x9a. These printers are used for both official and personal purposes as they are very economical and provide finest quality print out.
Like every other printer; Epson printers are also inclined to many printer errors. One of the most common error is Epson Error Code 0x9a. This post is committed to understanding the reasons and methods to fix Epson error 0x9a.
Let’s start with understanding the causes for this error.
Possible Reasons Behind Epson Error 0x9a:
Before understanding how to fix this error, you should be aware about why is this monster occurring. The below mentioned are a few possible reasons that could result in the displaying of Epson error code 0x9a on your screen.
Any harm in the Windows system could be the main reason for the occurrence of Error 0x9a. To analyze further; there could be several factors that cause harm to the Windows files.
So it becomes essential to know these affecting factors first, as fixing these will automatically resolve the Epson Error 0x9a. Some such important factors are mentioned below.
- Any Stuck Paper Bit or Debris
- Any Screws on the Carriage
- Bent, Cracked or Damaged Rails.
- Displaced Purge Assembly
- Displaced Wiper
- Problematic Encoder Strip
- The Faulty Carriage or carriage cannot be recognized
- Malfunctioning Belt or Gear
- Lousy Sensor
- Defective Control Board
- Broken/Clogged Print-head
- Wrong Driver Installation
- Missing Required Application/S
- Missing/Improper Installation of other Required Hardware
- A Virus Attack on the computer
All/any of the factors mentioned above might disturb the Windows system files adversely. These corrupted system files further will result in many printer errors; Epson Error 0x9a is one such.
However, doing some particular set of actions can help you to resolve this issue by your own.
Method to Fix Epson Error 0x9a:
When it comes to fixing the Epson error code 0x9a, you can follow two methods. You can choose either as per your understanding and ease. Here are the two methods :
- Automated Method
- Manual Method
Method 1: Automated Method:
- Restart your system and login as an “administrator” (you may need to enter the system password)
- Click on the “Start” key and select “All Programs.”
- Select “Accessories” > “System Tools” > “System Restore.”
- Click on the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option in the new window and click on “Next” (Choose the latest system restore)
- In the confirmation window, click on the “Next” button.
- Wait until the restoration process goes on. Restart your system and printer once it will be done.
In case issue still persists, then you can try out second method to fix this error 0x9a.
Method 2: Manual Method
- Switch off your printer and open the front cover, back cover or other openable/removable part. Check and remove any stuck paper bit, pins, or any other external material.
- Lift the lid to check if the carriage is moving. If not, try to move it manually.
- Blow the compressed air inside the compartment to remove all dirt, debris or anything stuck there.
- Inspect and clean the encoder strip with a clean and dry cloth.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the printer from your system.
- Long press the power key on the printer for more at least 60 seconds
- Now, plug in the power cord and switch on the printer by long-pressing the power key again for 60 seconds.
- Release the button and check if the error message has gone. This method works most of the time.
Now, check whether the Epson printer error 0x9a has gone away or not. If not, then you can get in touch with our experts.
We have a team of specialized technicians to handle any printer problems with perfection. The capable printer tech experts can best address your query on how to fix Epson error code 0x9a.