If you’ve ever come across with the Epson error code 0x97, you’ll know what a fight it can be and how something as simple as printing a document can turn in such a frightening experience because of it.
Your work can hamper significantly simply because your printer can’t seem to get going.
Fortunately, there are some simple and effective ways with which you can fix Epson error 0x97 on your printer. So, before you choose to go away with it and go looking for a newer model in the market, try these simple solutions that will get your printer running efficiently.
What is the Epson Error Code 0x97?
This error appears when there is a problem with the internal hardware of the printer. It is common on the Epson models wf-4630, wf-3620, wf-7610, and wf-3640.
As per the manufacturers at Epson, the error seems due to motherboard failure or some other internal component malfunction. When this happens, the printer either stops printing suddenly or turns off.
We recommend using the following guidelines to sort out the printing error. If it still doesn’t get resolved, then you should undoubtedly get in touch with Epson’s customer service representatives and get your device thoroughly checked out.
Quick Steps to Fix the Epson Error Code 0x97
Unplugging Your Device and Then Plugging it in Again
• Switch off your computer device first.
• Check if all the cables are slot in properly or not.
• Try to print something now.
• If the error is still there then again switch off your printer
• Take out all the cables of the printer from the device
• Take away the cartridge from the printer
• Setup the printer as it was before.
• Start the printer again by plug-in all the wires.
• Check if the issue is solved or not.
Unplugging Your Device and Then Plugging it in Again (5 Quick Steps)
Although the above mentioned method is enough to fix Epson error code 0x97 but somehow if you are still facing the issue then follow the below steps.
• Switch off your printer.
• Allow it to cool down for a while.
• Plug off all the USB wires from the printer.
• Hold the power button and plug in all the wire again.
• Turn on the printer and try to print something out of it.
Steps to Cleaning of Blocked Printer Nozzles
Sometimes we spend our time in correcting the wrong thing but at last, we found that the actual issue was something else. Here, the main issue could be the blocked printer nozzle. Hence you should clean the printer nozzle.
• Switch the printer off and remove all the wires.
• Open the printer cautiously.
• Take a clean towel and fold it in the size so that it gets fit into the printer’s head.
• Towel should be wet in an ammonia-based cleaning liquid.
• Put the towel in the middle of the printer.
• Let it stay in the same position for 12 hours.
Microsoft’s Printer Trouble shooter
Microsoft has a free troubleshooting system for printer assistance. Use it to solve the issue of Epson Error Code 0x97. We also suggest downloading the Epson firmware and drivers page. Once it has been downloaded, click on the “default settings” option. This will update your printer. A number of Epson printer users have helped from this solution.
Head and Nozzle Cleaning to fix Epson Error 0x97
Clean and flush the congested Epson nozzles. This will help the internal system of the printer to run easily.
Hope the above quick fixes sort the error code 0x97. If not, call us or Visit our website for further assistance.