These printers are perfect printer as they come with more compact size, also it has greater text or image quality. They are also great for scanning and faxing, and also it has innovative features.
Although they are finest in quality, but sometimes Brother printer user also faces errors. One of the most common error is Brother Printer Error 72.
Some of the users who are tech savvy and wants to resolve this error by their own, they can do it by following the below mentioned steps.
But some users who are not tech savvy, they can easily get in contact with our experts. They will help you in providing the most reliable and trustworthy solutions.
So, if you have decided to solve this issue on your own then you have to properly follow the below-written steps. Just have a look!
Meaning of Brother Printer Error 72
So, before fixing this Brother printer error 72 you need to understand the meaning and the reason for this error. The reason for this is screening on your device.
Now, as error 72 on the Brother printer is not a very huge issue it is just a mechanical malfunction that means it fails to function normally.
As you are clear with what this error 72 on your device means, now you have to follow some of the steps to remove this 72 error from your Brother printer device.
Steps to Fix Brother Printer Error 72
So, now we will make you understand about the fixing steps for this error on your printer. These steps would be very simple and effective to do. You will definitely get good results from following these steps appropriately. So, let’s start, have a look!
Restart your Device
So, the first and foremost step to fix this error is to restart your device. Sometimes it gets offline or due to more exceeding printing, it needs to be reset.
And also resetting your device is a very essential process to be done, at least once in a month is sufficient. For your information let us tell you that you can switch off for up to 4 days without losing faxes in memory.
Now, we will tell you how to restart the Brother printer.
- Firstly, you will see a power switch placed on the right side of the brother printer. You just need to press that power off button.
- Now, you have to wait for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds you have to switch it on, by the same process, press that power of switch again.
- Now, your device is restarted, but how will you know, right? So, you will get to know if your device is restarted or not by observing the display. If date or time appears on the display, then it means you cleared the first step.
Some users will be out of this issue now. If issue still persists, then you can jump to the next step.
Ok, so now it’s a very common thing, maybe error 72 on the Brother printer is displaying because of a piece of paper that is stuck on your printer.
We will tell you how to fix this issue on your own, just follow below written steps properly.
- Open the scanner cover.
- Look for any jammed paper wisely.
- Have you found any piece of paper? If yes, then follow the further steps.
- Take out that or also check the right and left side of the print head.
- If the print head is locked, then print the red X button for 5 seconds till the print head moves to the center.
- Now, close the scanner cover.
- Now, turn the machine and open the jam clear cover.
- Open the inside cover.
- If you find any jammed paper just take out it from there.
- Now, close the inside and jam cover.
- Unplug the machine from the power outlet for 5 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
And now just check your machine by making a copy or print to ensure the machine is working again. Now, you can freely use your printer without any hurdles.
If Brother Printer Error 72 still persists, then you can get in touch with our experts.