Set Up your HP Printer in Minutes
The day has come, and you have finally acquired a new HP printer. You now have a new sidekick to help with your work. Now all you need to do is to set up and install your new printer, and you are reading the correct article for that. We are going to walk you through a speedy HP printer setup and get you printing in minutes.
Before anything, remove the printer from the packaging. Carefully set it somewhere so you can work with it. Check the packaging for any installation software, and for the printer manual. Also, remove all the packaging plastic covers and any other packaging that might be in or on the printer.
Next, gather all the materials you will need such as paper, any Ethernet cables (for Ethernet connection printer models), USB cables for (for direct connection printers or just in case) and your HPprinter’s instruction manual. Then, plug the printer into an electrical source, and turn it on.
1. Before you get to install the printer, please insert the ink or toner cartridges. Follow the instructions from the printer manual if you are not sure how to do this.
2. If your printer has installation software, you will need to insert the installation CD into your computer. The CD will automatically prompt you for your installation, Follow the steps, and your printer will be ready to use in a few minutes.
3. If your printer does not include any software, or your computer does not have a CD slot, do not fear, there are other ways to install your printer. Toinstall it using the internet, connect your printer to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer, or connect the printer to the router with an Ethernet cable. They will need to connect to the same network in order for the printer to receive instructions from the computer. On the printer’s LCD panel, select the correct network and enter the password. If you are not sure how to do this, consult your HP Printer’s manual for the exact instructions on connecting to the internet.
4. Once your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer, head to your computer and open Start by clicking on the windows logo.
5. Open the Settings folder.
6. Click on “Devices.” This is usually at the top of the settings folder.
7. Click on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
8. Click on the “Add a printer or scanner” option. This will prompt a dialog box.
9. Look for your HP printer name. If you see it, click on it. You will be prompted with a dialog box. Follow the instructions and you should be all set in a matter of minutes.
10. If you do not see your printer model, you will have to use a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer and install it. All you need to do is connect the printer into your computer with the USB cable and wait to be prompted. Follow the instructions and you will be ready to print in a matter of moments.
For Mac users:
1. Click on the Apple on the top left corner of the screen. You will see a drop down menu appear.
2. Click on the “System Preferences” option.
3. Click on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
4. Click on “+.”
5. Look for your printer. When you see it, click on it. This will prompt the set up, and you will be ready soon.
6. If you do not see your printer, you will need to use a USB cable in order to install it. Before you do this, make sure you update your Mac.
7. Plug in the USB cable to your printer and Mac.
8. You will be prompted by a dialog box, follow the instructions and you will be ready in minutes.
After you have completed this, you will want to go ahead and print out a page to make sure everything is working well. Place the paper in the printer’s paper tray, and send a page to print.
You should now be all set, and ready to use your new HP printer!
Disclaimer: 'Printer Error Fix' is an independent provider of technical support for third party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product and services is only referential.'Printer Error Fix' Printer Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third-parties. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer.