Epson Printer Support, Can you Skip Making the Phone Call?
Everyone has those days, when it seems like everything is going wrong before you even get work. You might have spilled your coffee, or gotten a traffic ticket on your way to the office. Somehow, you make it to work, and then the last thing to ruin your day… The printer is not working. It was fine yesterday, but today it is not doing its job.
You do not want to waste time, but the printer needs help. You consider calling Epson printer support. But, do you really need to?
Epson printers are known for their high quality print jobs, and low cost. However, all printers and devices have their shortcomings. So what to do in a situation like this? Here we will give you the most common errors Epson printers come across, and a guide for you to fix these errors without the need to call Epson printer support.
The most common errors in Epson printers are :
• Print quality problems : Printing can sometimes get frustrating, especially when your print jobs are not coming out the way you want and/or need them.
1. Print jobs are too light — if your print jobs are coming out too light, you might have one of two situations in your hands. (1)The ink or toner is low. (2) Your print settings are preventing quality printouts. In order to fix this do the following :
- a) Check your ink levels from your computer. To check your ink levels, access your Epson printer from your computer’s control panel. Double click on the printer icon. Find and click on the “maintenance” tab next to the Epson Status Monitor. Look for the “Ink Levels” tab or button. This will allow you to see the ink levels. If they are low, you will have to either replace the cartridge, or refill them with your Epson ink refill kit (available through the printer manufacturer).
- b) If the ink levels are not low, access your “printer properties” menu through your control panel. Find the “printers and devices” folder, and find the printer and double click on it to enter. Find the “printer preferences” option. Once inside, click on the “color management” tab. Uncheck the “grayscale” and “fast (speedy)” options. This will give you better quality print jobs.
2. There are horizontal tweaks, blurry or smeared—This common error usually happens when you have a clogged print head (inkjet Epson printers). To fix this :
- a) Access your “printer properties” menu through your control panel. Find the “printers and devices” folder, and find the printer and double click on it to enter. Find the “printer properties” option. Once inside, click on the “maintenance” tab. Find the “cleaning” option and click on it. This will run the clean and should fix your problem.
3. The print jobs are coming out with wrong colors—This issue can be frustrating and happens for a few reasons. In order to fix this :
- a) Check your color settings. Access your “printer properties” menu through your control panel. Find the “printers and devices” folder, and find the printer and double click on it to enter. Find the “printer preferences” option. Once inside, click on the “color management.” Mae sure your settings are the way you want them.
- b) Your printer is dirty, and needs to run the cleaning cycle. Access your “printer properties” menu through your control panel. Find the “printers and devices” folder, and find the printer and double click on it to enter. Find the “printer properties” option. Once inside, click on the “maintenance” tab. Find the “cleaning” option and click on it. This will run the clean and should fix your problem.
- c) Your ink cartridges are too old and need to be replaced.
• Print jobs are coming out too slow — This is error is very frustrating when you are on a deadline. There are a number of reason for this to happen :
1. The print queue is too long. Long print queues can certainly slow a printer down. If this is happening to you, cancel all the documents in the queue, and restart the printer and computer. After about 5 minutes, turn on the printer and devices, and try again.
2. The signal is too weak (Wireless, or Wi-Fi printers). Wireless printers print faster when the signal is strong, so if your signal is weak, move to a closer place to have a better signal. This should make your printing faster.
• Printer does not print at all : This error is common in Epsonprinters. There main reasons this happens are :
1. There is a paper jam. In order to fix these do the following :
- a) Open the printer
- b) Check for any paper that might be stuck in the printer. If there is some, remove it carefully.
- c) Check for any lose paperclips or staples, and remove if found.
- d) Turn the printer off and disconnect. Wait 5 to 10 minutes, and restart both the computer and the printer.
2. The printer is offline. These might fix the problem :
- a) Check all the connecting wires, or the router for wireless printers.
- b) Once all devices and printers are connected, restart all of them (computer, printer and router for wireless printers). This should solve your problem.
• The printer will not turn on: This error occurs for a few reasons :
1. The power chord is not plugged in : check that the printer power chord is plugged into a power outlet.
2. The power chord is damaged. If the printer is plugged in, and the printer does not turn on, try another outlet. This should fix the problem, but if it does not, then you need to replace the power chord for your Brother printer
3. The power outlet is damaged. If you try another outlet, and the printer works, the original power outlet is damaged, and you will have to call an electrician.
Although printers can cause us serious moments of frustration, it is important to remember that it is not impossible to figure out how to fix them yourself. Take some time, get yourself ready, and have a one-on-one meeting with your Epson printer. You will see that calling Epson printer support is not always necessary. If you followed the steps to fix your error and are still having trouble, contact Epson USA Support.
Disclaimer: 'Printer Error Fix' is an independent provider of technical support for third party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product and services is only referential.'Printer Error Fix' Printer Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third-parties. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer.