How to Set Up your New Canon Printer
You have finally purchased your new Canon Printer. Your new journey in the world of printing begins today. All that is left is to do is to set up and install your new Canon Printer, and we want to help. Follow our easy steps to get your new printer up and running.
The first thing to do before getting the printer set up is to carefully remove it from the packaging. Check the packaging to see if you have any installation software included. Remove all the packaging plastic covers. Next, gather all the materials you will need such as paper, any Ethernet cables requires (for Ethernet connection printer models) and your printer’s instruction manual. Then, plug the printer into an electrical source, and turn it on.
1. Before you get to install the printer, please insert the ink or toner cartridges. Follow the instructions from the printer manual if you are not sure how to do this.
2. If your printer has installation software, you will need to insert the installation CD into your computer. The CD will automatically prompt you for your installation, Follow the steps, and your printer will be ready to use in a few minutes.
3. If your printer does not include any software, then you will have to install it using the internet. Connect your printer to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer. They will need to connect to the same network in order to link and function. On the LCD panel, select the correct network and enter the password. If you are not sure how to do this, consult your Canon Printer’s manual for the exact instructions on connecting it to the internet.
4. Once your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer, head to your computer and open Start by clicking on the windows logo.
5. Open the Settings folder.
6. Click on “Devices.” This is usually at the top of the settings folder.
7. Click on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
8. Click on the “Add a printer or scanner” option. This will prompt a dialog box.
9. Look for your Canon printer name. If you see it, click on it. You will be prompted with a dialog box. Follow the instructions and you should be all set in a matter of minutes.
10. If you do not see your printer model, you will have to use a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer and install it. All you need to do is connect the printer into your computer with the USB cable and wait to be prompted. Follow the instructions and you will be ready to print in a matter of moments.
For Mac users:
1. Click on the Apple on the top left corner of the screen. You will see a drop down menu appear.
2. Click on the “System Preferences” option.
3. Click on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
4. Click on “+.”
5. Look for your printer. When you see it, click on it. This will prompt the set up, and you will be ready soon.
6. If you do not see your printer, you will need to use a USB cable in order to install it. Before you do this, make sure you update your Mac.
7. Plug in the USB cable to your printer and Mac.
8. You will be prompted by a dialog box, follow the instructions and you will be ready in minutes.
After you have completed this, you will want to go ahead and print out a page to make sure everything is working well. Place the paper in the printer’s paper tray, and send a page to print.
You should now be all set, and ready to use your new Canon printer!
Disclaimer: 'Printer Error Fix' is an independent provider of technical support for third party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product and services is only referential.'Printer Error Fix' Printer Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third-parties. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer.