Canon Inkjet Printer Common: Errors and Easy Fixes
Inkjet printers are among the most common printers in the world. These printers work by throwing hundreds of ink drops onto the paper recreating the image or text. These printers vary from small and personal models, to large and business oriented models.
Although Canon Inkjet Printers are amazing machines, and the most popular type of printers, they come across many errors and issues. If you are having any issues with your Canon Inkjet Printers, do not fear! We have listed here the most common Canon Inkjet Printers come across, and the best and most efficient way to solve them.
1. The printer is not responding to the print job...If your Canon Inkjet is on, but is not printing your print job, you need to check the connection.
- a. If you are using a wireless model, make sure the printer and computer or device are both connecting to the same Wi-Fi signal. If they are not, switch them to the correct one, and you should be ok. If they are connected to the same, then restart the router, printer and computer or device. Check that they connect to the same network. Once all this is done, you should be able to print.
- b. If you are using a wired model of Canon, make sure that all the wires connect properly. If all wires are connected, check for any wear or tear damage on the wires, as this may cause connection problems. If the wires all check out, then restart both the computer and the printer. You should now be able to print.
- c. If you are still having problems, with wired or wireless, you might need to update the printer driver. Sometimes these become corrupt, or are outdated. To update this, find your printer model driver online. Download and install it, and restart both the computer and printer. You should now be able to print.
- d. If your printer is still not responding, you might have to cancel all documents. If the printer has too many print jobs coming into the print queue, it might be slowing down the printing process. In order to do this, access your printer from the computer control panel. Right click on the printer icon and click on “print queue.” Right click in the dialog box, and choose “cancel all documents.” Restart the printer and computer, and try printing one last time.
2. Messed up prints...This is a very common error in all inkjets. There are various reasons as to why your print jobs are coming out and do not look good.
- a. Streaked Prints : when your print jobs come out with unintended lines, these are called streaked prints. This happens for a couple of reasons. The printer alignment might need to be adjusted. Run the alignment tool in the Canon printer’s control panel.
This is also caused by possible dirt in your printer. Open your printer and clean it out carefully with a lint free cloth. Clean up any ink splatter or paper dust.
You should now have better print outs.
- b. The printout colors are weird or missing. If your printouts are coming out in funky colors, or in completely different hues, your print head is probably dirty. In order to clean this, run the printer’s head cleaning tool from the printer’s control panel. This should resolve your issue.
If you are still having the issue, clean the inside of the printer. Clean the inside with a lint free cloth. Look for any lint, dust or splattered ink. Restart the printer. Your colors should now be much better.
If you are still having color issues, you might need to replace your ink cartridge.
- c. Blurry prints : this is caused for a couple of reasons. You might be printing on the wrong side of the paper. Some papers need more ink, and some need less. If you are using a high quality printer setting for normal paper, you will end up with blurry paper. If this is not the case, then check that your paper is not damp, as this will cause blurry prints.
- d. Grainy printouts. If your printouts look like an old movie, you might have the wrong printer setting. Check the settings and switch it to a higher quality setting (anything other “speedy”). If this does not work for you, make sure your paper is the correct type of paper for your Canon Inkjet Printer. If you are using low quality paper, you will have to switch to a better quality paper in order to avoig grainy printouts.
3. My printer is printing weird characters... . If your printer is spitting out pages of gibberish, you need to update your printer driver. If these are not updated, they become corrupt or are no longer compatible with your computer.
Look for the update online for your exact Canon Inkjet Printer model.
Canon Inkjet printers are great machines that make our lives easier. By following the above steps for their most common problems, you should now be printing happily. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: 'Printer Error Fix' is an independent provider of technical support for third party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product and services is only referential.'Printer Error Fix' Printer Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third-parties. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer.