Brother Wireless Printer, Common Errors and How to Solve Them
Brother Industries has been manufacturing some of the leading printerssince 1971. Because of this, they have built a reputation for producing printers that deliver top quality print jobs, remarkable reliability, and by far, some of the most affordable prices in the market. Not only do their printers use high capacity ink cartridges (that cost less than most printer cartridges), but Brother wireless printers are known to have less connection problems. Furthermore, they are durable machines that will last years, saving you thousands of dollars in the long run.
However, all printers experience difficulties, and Brother Wireless Printers are not the exception. But, what can you do if you experience an error with your Brother Wireless Printer? You are in luck, we have compiled the most common Brother Printer errors and along with them, the easiest ways to fix these errors. Let’s get started!
1. I cannot print using my Brother machine on a wireless network... In order to fix this problem, the best thing to do is to check the Wi-Fi connections on both the printer and Computer or device. Make sure they are both connecting to the same network. If they are not, adjust one so they are both on the same network. This should fix your error, and you can now print. If you still cannot print, check your printer status. If the printer is “offline,” then you can manually turn it on. Try this:
- a. Right-click your Brother machine's icon
- b. See what's printing
- c. Printer
- d. Use Printer Offline (Make sure that no check mark appears next to this setting.)
- e. If Use Printer Offline is greyed out, click Open As Administrator.
- f. Enter the administrator password and click Yes.
2. Printer is on, but it is not printing...If your Brother Wireless Printer was working just minutes ago, but is no longer printing, there are a few things you can try:.
- a. Check for any paper jams, or any residue. If there is any, clean them out carefully. Try printing again.
- b. Check the ink or toner levels. If the ink is too low, replace the ink cartridge immediately, and your printer should be up and running.
- c. Take a look at the print queue. If it is too long or there is a huge print job on it, you will have to wait for it to print out. If your document is urgent, right click on the print queue dialog box, and click on “cancel all documents.” You can try to print now.
3.Error E50...If you see this error, it means your fuser unit is not functioning correctly. In order to fix this, you will have to turn the printer off, unplug it from the energy source, and leave it for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, your printer should be working fine. .
4.Error E51...If you see this error message, it means that the laser unit is not functioning correctly. In order to fix this error try this: Turn the printer off and leave it for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on. Your printer should now be working.
5.The Brother wireless printer has low signal strength... This error usuallynhappens if the printer is located far from the wireless router. To fix this, move the printer closer to the Wi-Fi router. Also, make sure that there are no walls or any tall furniture between them that may block the signal.
6.The Brother Wireless Printer is connecting to the wrong router...Your wireless printer will connect the closest (strongest) Wi-Fi router it has access to. To fix this, double check which connection the printer is connected to. Make sure you switch it to the same connection as your computer or device.
7. The wrong SSID on the wireless LAN... In order to fix this error, the first thing you need to do is to access the printer settings, and from there the Network (LAN) settings. Write down the SSID. Check the computer SSID by accessing the Network icon. Compare both SSID’s. If they are different, connect the computer to the same one as the Brother Wireless Printer. You should now be able to use your printer.
8. A firewall on the computer is blocking the ports of connection...A newly installed firewall can mess up your printer settings. In order to fix this, go to your firewall information page and read the “configure” section. Then, configure your firewall to allow connection with the “ports needed for network communication with the printer.”
If you have run across any of these errors, and were able to easily fix them using our guide, we hope you feel better.Remember, all Brother Wireless Printers will have errors at some point, do not hesitate to try any of our other steps for an easy fix. Our easy guides are the way to go for all of your Brother Wireless Printer errors.
Disclaimer: 'Printer Error Fix' is an independent provider of technical support for third party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product and services is only referential.'Printer Error Fix' Printer Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third-parties. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer.