Brother LaserJet Printer: Fix your Errors by Yourself!
LaserJet printers are vastlybecoming more popular in the printer world. These types of printers use a laser technology to draw an image or text onto paper. Their high quality printouts has made them essential for some of us, as well as many businesses around the world.
Brother LaserJet Printers are widespread because they have developed into a better solution for most printing purposes at a great price. Nevertheless, every gadget sees the day when it is just not working the way you need or want it to.
If you have had one of these frustrating moments, give yourself some peace of mind. We have foundthe most common errors you can experience with your Brother LaserJet Printer, and the easiest way to fix them.
1. The printer is not responding ...If your Brother LaserJet is just not responding, follow these few steps.
- a. First, check that you sent your print job to the correct printer. If this is not the issue, you need to look at your connection.
- b. If you are using a wireless model, make sure the printer and computer or device are both connecting to the same Wi-Fi signal. If they are not, switch them to the correct one, and you should be ok. If they are connected to the same, then restart the router, printer and computer or device. Check that they connect to the same network. Once all this is taken care of, you should be able to print.
- c. If you are using a wired model of Brother, make sure that all the wires connect properly. If all wires are connected, check for any wear or tear damage on the wires, as this may cause connection problems. If the wires all check out, then restart both the computer and the printer. You should now be able to print.
- d. If you are still having problems, with wired or wireless, you might need to update the printer driver. Over time, these become corrupt, or are outdated. To update your printer driver, find your printer model driver online. Download and install it, and restart both the computer and printer. You should now be able to start printing.
- e. If your printer is still not responding, you might have a long print queue. If the printer has too many print jobs coming into the print queue, it will slow down the printing process. In order to do this, access your printer from the computer control panel. Right click on the printer icon and click on “print queue.” Right click in the dialog box, and choose “cancel all documents.” Restart the printer and computer, and try printing one last time.
2. The printer takes too much time to print ...
Although LaserJet printers are incrediblyfast, there will come a time when your print jobs are taking too much time to print. If your Brother LaserJet printer is taking too much of your time, you will have to make some color settings adjustments.
If you are printing simple text documents, change your printer settings from a higher resolution to a lower one. In order to do this, access your printer through your computer’s Control Panel. Go to the Printer Properties option and then to the color management tab. Change it to grayscale and set the print speed to “fast” or “speedy” to get your Canon LaserJet printer working faster.
If you need a quality print, and your time is crucial, change your settings to a medium quality setting. This will give you a good quality print out in half the time.
3. The irritating paper jam ...
All printers have the “paper jam” issue. If the “paper jam” message is keeping you from sticking to your schedule, get ready to end this! First, check the printer from the inside to see where the jam is. If you can see the sheet, remove it carefully by pulling it slowly.
If there is no visible source for your paper jam, check the paper tray for any papers that might be causing the paper jam. If there is one. Pull it out slowly. If there is no paper there, then follow this by cleaning the printer. Open and check the printer for any bits of paper, lint or dust. Clean them out with a clean, damp cloth. Restart the printer. Your printer should now be working and printing well.
4. Your print jobs look messy or sloppy ...
All LaserJet printers go through the puddled, grainy, smudged, light or too dark print jobs issue.
Check your print settings first to make sure you have the correct paper selected. Also, check that the paper you are using is compatible with your Brother LaserJet printer. Some BrotherLaserJet printers, the fuser has an adjustment for paper type. If your printer’s fuser can be adjustedmanually, check to see that it is set properly but be very careful, as fusers get very hot.
Check out your toner cartridges and the fuser for damage. If you have smudge marks, print a few blank sheets of paper and they will eventually fade away.
Brother LaserJet printers are awesome machines that make our everyday lives much easier. By following the above steps for their most common problems, you should now be on your way to great print jobs. Congratulations!
Disclaimer: 'Printer Error Fix' is an independent provider of technical support for third party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product and services is only referential.'Printer Error Fix' Printer Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third-parties. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer.