Brother Inkjet Printer: Common Problems, Easy Fixes
Your Brother Inkjet Printer has been a reliable source for all your work. It has printed endless documents and images and had you on schedule. Then, all of a sudden, your Brother Inkjet Printer starts acting crazy. What do you do?
Unfortunately, all inkjet printers have errors and issues that disrupt your print jobs. If this sounds familiar, then you are in luck. We have listed the most common Brother Inkjet Printer errors and issues, and the easiest ways to clear them.
1. The printout margins are out of whack...If your printouts are coming out with the wrong margins, half pictures or missing text, you are printing to the wrong size paper. Check your print job paper size. Check your Brother Inkjet Printer settings through the Control Panel in your computer or device. Make sure the printer paper settings match the size of your print job. Once these match, you are ready to print.
2. Print quality is poor...This is one of the most common issues with inkjet printers. There are various reasons for this to happen:
- a. Clogged printer nozzles . Clogged printer nozzles can lead to your printouts having white lines throughout its entirety. In order to unclog your printer nozzles, run the Brother cleaning tool. Do this by accessing your printer through the control panel. Go to the maintenance tab, and click on deep clean feature. This should clear up your print nozzles and your printouts.
- b. Paper dust, lint, ink spatter . If your printouts are grainy or very poor quality, you might have to clean the printer. To do this, get a damp, lint free cloth. Open your printer, and clean out carefully. Remove any lose pieces of paper, any lint and any dust that may be present in all the nooks and crannies. This should clear up your prints.
- c. Runny or puddled printouts. If your printouts come out with little tiny ink puddles, you are probably printing on the wrong side of the paper. This is more common with glossy paper. Make sure your paper is compatible with your Brother Inkjet printer, and is set correctly in the paper tray. If the paper is correct, and you still have the issue, adjust your color setting for that specific paper. You can find the suggested settings in the paper packaging.
- d. Missing colors . If your print jobs are coming out with weird hues or strange colors, you might have to replace your ink cartridge. When ink levels are low, this is a common issue. Otherwise, you might have placed the wrong color in the cartridge slot. Check for this by opening your printer and verifying that they are correctly placed.
- e. Blurry prints . This often happens with moist paper. If your paper is completely dry, then you will have to arrange your print settings according to your print paper. Glossy paper requires less ink than regular paper, while cardstock requires more ink than normal paper. Please check your print setting to verify this.
3. The printer is not responding...If your printer is simply not responding, then you most likely have a connection error. This happens for a few reasons, and vary from printer to printer.
- a. Wireless Brother Inkjet Printers: to make sure your connection is working correctly, you will have to make sure that both the printer and the computer or device are connecting via the same router.
If both are connected to the same network, then move the printer closer to the router. If the distance between the printer and the router is too long, the printer might not be receiving the signals, or might fluctuate between online and offline. If these are not the problem, restart the router, the printer, and the computer or device. Once restarted, your problem should be resolved.
If these have not worked, you are most likely facing a printer driver issue. It might be corrupt or outdated. In order to resolve this, look for your Brother Inkjet printer model printer driver online. Download and install it. Once you have installed the driver, restart the computer and printer. Your printer should now respond
- b. Connection Brother Inkjet Printer: if your printer has a direct connection to your computer, the first thing to do is to check the USB wire and ports to make sure they are connected properly.
If all is well, make sure you are sending to the correct printer. Then, restart the printer and the computer. If this does not fix your issue, you are most likely facing a printer driver issue. It might be corrupt or outdated. In order to resolve this, look for your Brother Inkjet printer model printer driver online. Download and install it. Once you have installed the driver, restart the computer and printer. Your printer should now respond.
If you have had an unpleasant experience with your Brother Inkjet Printer, remember, all inkjets have their errors and issues. With a little bit of patience and persistence, you should rest easy knowing that our easy to follow guide will lead you to a successful Brother Inkjet Printer troubleshoot.
Disclaimer: 'Printer Error Fix' is an independent provider of technical support for third party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product and services is only referential.'Printer Error Fix' Printer Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any third-parties. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from manufacturer.